Thursday 31 March 2011

MUA eyeshadow swatches and review

I'm sure most of you have heard about the MUA range at Superdrug.  The affordable range has everything from eyeshadows to nail varnishes all coming in at £1 each!   It’s no wonder then that everyone’s jumping on the bandwagon in the search for cheaper alternatives to high end.  I only picked up 3 shades myself:

1. Matt dark brown (Shade 19)



2. Matt beige (Shade 17)



3.  Pearl Bronze (Shade 11)



Swatches:
                                      (L to R:  Shade 11, Shade 17, Shade 19)  Without Flash



(L to R:  Shade 11, Shade 17, Shade 19)  With Flash




Overall

Firstly I applied the beige shade to the lid.   This shadow did not apply very well with little colour pay off also the shadow was breaking up very easily when I was using my brush on it.  This is also true of the dark brown shade, it applied a little better than the beige but I feel it was only as it was a darker colour so could be seen better.  

The best of the shadows was the pearl shade.  It had good colour pay off on the eye and blended well.  Unlike the other two it didn’t break up when I used my brush on it either.    The shadows are good value for money and I would like to try some of the other pearl shadows from the line. 



Shade 19
Shade 17
Shade 11
Product
4/10
4/10
8/10
Price
10/10
10/10
10/10
Packaging
4/10
4/10
4/10
Repurchase
No
No
Yes


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment